Low profile upright mount that’s easy to use and even easier on your wallet
- No bike frame contact – simply ratchet the hook over the front wheel and secure the front/rear wheelstraps
- Fat bike ready (up to 5″ tires) out of the box. Includes two wheel strap extensions
- Swingarm easily adjusts for driver side and passenger side installation
- Mounts to all styles of crossbars – round, square, factory, aero
- Holds all styles of bikes, 20 – 29″ wheels (except those with front fenders)
- New Easy-Load wheel straps make loading bikes easier than ever
- Optional 2-pack locks (sold separately) lock rack to car and bike to rack
- Men’s Journal Gear Lab’s “Best for Factory Crossbars” (Summer 2016)
- RockyMounts offers a Lifetime Warranty on all of our products
Fits 100% of crossbars out of the box, Yakima®, Thule® (round, square, aeroblade, jetstream), factory bars from any manufacturer (Toyota, Subaru, etc…). If you find a bar it does not fit, we want to know.
Same great fit and finish as the BrassKnuckles, we use more steel than aluminum to lower the cost.
From the center of your front crossbar, it extends 39″ to the end of the wheel tray if you want to check to make sure your hatchback opens.
What’s the difference between the BrassKuckles and Tomahawk?
The BrassKnuckles is our premier upright roof rack and is the most streamline rack in its class. It features a more ergonomic design, an aerodynamic low profile when stowed, higher quality components, multiple finish options and a strap mounting system to make taking it on and off your vehicle a breeze. The TomaHawk’s function is the same and will secure your bike just as well but has been designed with the cost conscious buyer in mind so you lose some of those killer features.
I have a road bike and a mountain bike with a thru axle, will they both fit on this rack?
Yes, the TomaHawk secures the bike by clamping onto the front wheel so nearly all bikes with a 20″-29+ tire will fit.
Does it fit fat bikes?
Yes. The TomaHawk will fit up to a 5.0″ tire out of the box.
Will it carry my kids bike?
It will fit down to a 20″ tire and up to a 29+ tire.
Will this securely hold my bike?
Yes. the arm snugs down against the front wheel/fork and is rock solid.
I have a front fender on the bike, will this work?
No, unless you remove the front fender.
On the Thule® SideArm, there is no front wheel strap, and there is one on the BrassKnuckles, why?
In testing, side winds can lift the bike out of the tray. 99% of the time, you do not need a front wheel strap. In extreme side winds, you do need it. For safety, always use the front wheel strap.
Are the models that grab the bike by the tire better than the ones that grab the frame.
- Yes, the ones that grab the frame are harder to use, interfere with bottle cages and can damage some thin walled tube bikes.